PRESERVE, PROTECT, EHNANCE AND EXPAND
COLLEGIATE GYMNASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR CURRENT AND FUTURE GENERATIONS
“College Gymnastics Forever”™
The Vision of the MIGS Program is to ensure that every male and female gymnast in the country has an opportunity to compete on collegiate gymnastics team if he or she so desires.
The Mission of the MIGS Program is to preserve, protect, enhance and expand collegiate gymnastic student-athlete opportunities for current and future generations of collegiate gymnasts.
There are three primary goals associated with the Vision and Mission of the MIGS Program. These include but are not limited to:
- Retention of existing NCAA varsity gymnastic team opportunities at colleges and universities currently supporting such teams.
- Creation of new NCAA varsity gymnastic team opportunities at colleges and universities willing to cooperate with program expansion.
- Support of and for the expansion of alternative intercollegiate gymnastic opportunities such as the Gymnastics Association of College Teams (GymACT).
What We Believe
The men’s gymnastics community in the United States develops some of the best student-athletes in the country and the world. We believe these student-athletes deserve a chance to compete in college just like any other student-athlete in any other sport.
If we don’t step up to the plate and help out, no one else will. So, please step up to the plate and help out. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. So please, don’t be the weakest link. Your help is important.
Our Current Endeavor
The MIGS Program is currently working closely with Mike Burns (former Head Coach of the University of Minnesota Men’s Gymnastics Team), the Friends of Minnesota Men’s Gymnastics (FMMG) (www.friendsofmnmensgym.org), the Minnesota Athletics Alliance (MAA), the American Sports Council (ASC) and the Pacific Legal Foundation (PLF) to reinstate the University of Minnesota Men’s Gymnastics Team, the Indoor Track and Field Team and the Tennis Team.
To successfully achieve our goal, we seek your support. Here’s what you can do:
- Buy a “Save Gopher Sports” t-shirt Using the link above. Put it on. Take a picture. Send the picture along with a note to the President of the University and the Board of Regents to reinstate these teams. (See contact Information on the bottom of this page)
- Make a donation on line
- Sign the petition at the American Sports Council (use the following QR Code).
Our Request To The National Gymnastics Community
It is our request that the entire National Gymnastics Community (gymnasts, alumni, coaches, parents, judges, club owners, etc.) get behind this effort. Do the above. Identify one person per club to generate a group t-shirt order for your team or club. This significantly decreases shipping costs.
Thanks for your kind consideration and support of this very important endeavor.
UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA REGENTS & PRESIDENT CONTACT INFO
· President Joan Gabel
· Ken Powell, Chair – term expires 2023
· Steve Sviggum, Vice Chair – term expires 2023
· Mary Davenport – term expires 2025
· James Farnsworth – term expires 2027
· Doug Huebsch – term expires 2027
· Ruth Johnson – term expires 2027
· Mike Kenyanya – term expires 2025
· Janie Mayeron – term expires 2025
· David McMillan – term expires 2023
· Darrin Rosha – term expires 2023
· Bo Thao Urabe – term expires 2025 (replaced Regent who passed away)
· Kodi Verhalen – term expires 2027